Send an E-Postcard of:
Hotel, Montague, Mass.
(c) Pocumtuck Valley Memorial Association, Deerfield MA. All rights reserved.
Contact us for information about using this image.
The Montague Hotel sat on the corner of Union and Main Street in Montague Center. It was originally built in 1830 by Col. Aretas Ferry. By the turn of the century, it had eighteen rooms and served food and drink. Later, it became known as the Montague Inn. It stood until March, 1953, when a fire destroyed it entirely. In front of the hotel, running along Main Street, are the tracks of Montague's streetcar system, which connected it to Greenfield to the north and Amherst to the south.
top of page