Send an E-Postcard of:
Captain Daniel Shays' House from "The History of Pelham from 1738 to 1898 including the Early History of Prescott"
(c) Pocumtuck Valley Memorial Association, Deerfield MA. All rights reserved.
Contact us for information about using this image.
It is not known when Daniel Shays came to Pelham, Massachusetts, but he was there when the alarm from Lexington arrived in 1775 and joined a company under Captain Reuben Dickinson of Amherst. This house is on the Prescott side of the West Branch of the Swift River. In 1786 and early 1787, Daniel Shays led a group of tax resisters in what became known as Shays' Rebellion.
top of page