Send an E-Postcard of:
"Millers Falls, Mass., Millers River"
(c) Pocumtuck Valley Memorial Association, Deerfield MA. All rights reserved.
Contact us for information about using this image.
Millers Falls was established in1824 and was originally named Grout's Corner after first settler Martin Grout (1790?1865). The establishment of a railroad connection in1866 and the water power of the falls of the Millers River made Grout's Corner a perfect place to establish mills. The village's present name derives from the Millers Falls Manufacturing Company (later the Millers Falls Company), established on the Millers River in 1868, and famed for its fine hand tools. Millers Falls is part of the town of Montague.
top of page