Send an E-Postcard of:
Old Tavern Sign, Blandford
(c) Pocumtuck Valley Memorial Association, Deerfield MA. All rights reserved.
Contact us for information about using this image.
Blandford, Massachusetts, was settled by Scots-Irish immigrants in1735 and was incorporated in 1741. It is on the western edge of Hampden County, in the foothills of the Berkshires. Samuel Porter was licensed as a tavern keeper in Blandford from 1795 to 1797. He took over the inn from Rufus Blair, who had run it from 1785 to 1794, and reused the sign by painting over Blair's name, and adding 1795 to the top.
top of page