Send an E-Postcard of:
Norcross Bros. Stone Yard, East Longmeadow, Mass.
(c) Pocumtuck Valley Memorial Association, Deerfield MA. All rights reserved.
Contact us for information about using this image.
East Longmeadow was incorporated in 1894, after it split from the town of Longmeadow. The town owed much of its development to its valuable quarries of red sandstone. The Norcross Brothers quarry produced a superior quality stone and in 1901, the company employed more than a hundred people. Stone from this quarry was used in many prominent buildings, including the Old Chapel at the University of Massachusetts Amherst.
top of page