Send an E-Postcard of:
Parks House, John Chaplin, Prop. Huntington, Mass.
(c) Pocumtuck Valley Memorial Association, Deerfield MA. All rights reserved.
Contact us for information about using this image.
Huntington, Massachusetts, was incorporated in 1855. The village originally contained parts of three towns and two counties. This caused a lot of confusion, and the residents petitioned to combine the village with the town of Norwich, and the new town came to be called Huntington. The town is known as the "Gateway to the Berkshires." The Parks Hotel which is pictured here was on Main Street and was built on the site of an early tavern. The building burned in 1920.
top of page