Send an E-Postcard of:
Land transfer, John Williams to John Sheldon
(c) Pocumtuck Valley Memorial Association, Deerfield MA. All rights reserved.
Contact us for information about using this image.
Although this sale of land was drawn up in 1712/13, it was not recorded by the courts until May 23, 1720. The document transfers one-half of two islands in the Connecticut River, near the mouth of the Deerfield, from Reverend Williams (1664-1729) and his wife Abigail (Bissel) Williams (c.1673-1754) to John Sheldon (1658-c.1733). It is signed by John Williams<!--ObjectID=538--> with his seal. Abigail, however, apparently cannot sign her name and instead makes her mark, an "a".
top of page