FOCUS QUESTIONS FOR THIS EXCERPT:
1. Who is the customer?
2. How might you characterize his purchases? Do you think that they are being used for home, for work, or both? Why?
3. Are there any goods listed that surprised you? Why?
4. Are there any goods listed which are new to you? How do you think that they might be used in daily life in Deerfield? How could you find out?
5. What is being used most commonly as payment? Why do you think that this is the case?
6. Did this customer pay his debts in full to John Partridge Bull? How do you know?
First Page of Excerpt (1 of 2) note: 1.5 MB PDF file
Second Page of Excerpt (2 of 2) note: 1.4 MB PDF file
Accounts #1B6 and #99F, Account Book of John Partridge Bull
Collections of the Pocumtuck Valley Memorial Association.