This fish knife was part of a wedding present to Charlotte Wardner Lamson when she married Charles Hyde Warren in 1905. She was the grand-daughter of Ebenezer Lamson, one of the original partners of the Lamson & Goodnow Company of Shelburne Falls, Massachusetts. Lamson & Goodnow prospered in the late 1800s. By the turn of the 20th century, there were few Lamsons left working in the firm, although the company itself was still thriving in Shelburne Falls. This knife is identifiable through its distinctive, rounded blade and pointed tip. Fish knives were one of the many highly specialized pieces of cutlery developed during the Victorian era, as tableware came to include increasingly specialized pieces.