This whale bone war club from Nootka Sound, British Columbia, was among the objects transferred from the Deerfield Academy Museum to the Pocumtuck Valley Memorial Association in 1877. It was donated by Thomas Dwight (1758-1819) of Springfield, Massachusetts. The club has a carved head and shell inlay. The Deerfield Academy Museum was established in June 1797 and is recognized as one of the earliest established in this country. Donors included many descendents of the early settlers of Deerfield, Massachusetts, and of neighboring towns as well as many notable people and institutions.