(c) Pocumtuck Valley Memorial Association, Deerfield MA. All rights reserved. Contact us for information about using this image.
Royalston, lying in the extreme northwest corner of Worcester County, is named in honor of the early settler Issac Royal upon the town's 1765 incorporation. The images selected here focus on Royalston's commercial and manufacturing sections of the community. The images are from the south Royalston area, which outstripped the older Royalston town center to the north. The south had access to the railroad and the water power resources of the Millers River and tributaries. These images date to the end of New England manufacturing's heyday.