(c) Pocumtuck Valley Memorial Association, Deerfield MA. All rights reserved. Contact us for information about using this image.
There is currently no available "Beginner" label. The following is the default level label: Athol, Massachusetts was called Pequoiag when colonists settled there in 1735. It is situated on the Millers River in northern Worcester County. When it was incorporated in 1762, John Murray, a prominent landowner, named it Athol after his homeland in Scotland. This postcard shows a view of the Kennebunk Curve of the Millers River with the tracks of the Fitchburg Division of the Boston & Maine Railroad following along the bank. The curve is incorrectly labeled as "Kennebec" on the card.