(c) Pocumtuck Valley Memorial Association, Deerfield MA. All rights reserved. Contact us for information about using this image.
The Village Room, the middle of the 3 buildings, which had been used for church suppers, meetings of the Deerfield Woman's Club, and for a small library, was named the Martha Goulding Pratt Memorial in honor of Deerfield's postmistress, who served from1870 to 1894. It was torn down in 1957. Although the Post Office (on the right) was remodeled in 1952 to look like Deerfield's 3rd Meeting House, it continues to be used as a post office today.