(c) Pocumtuck Valley Memorial Association, Deerfield MA. All rights reserved. Contact us for information about using this image.
Falltown, the place where around 50 acres of land were surveyed in 1740, is now called Bernardston, Massachusetts, and is about 15 miles from Deerfield. The plot of land was granted to Joseph Barnard (1717-1785) of Deerfield, who then made a contract with the surveyor Ebenezer Sheldon, Jr. (b.1715) of Bernardston, to draw the plot, with latitude and longitude included.