(c) Pocumtuck Valley Memorial Association, Deerfield MA. All rights reserved. Contact us for information about using this image.
There is currently no available "Beginner" label. The following is the default level label: This picture from 1907 shows the center of Colrain village. To the right is the Colrain Community Church, founded in 1742. This building was constructed in 1834. Originally without a steeple, one was added in 1853. The church originally was Presbyterian, but in 1819 it changed its affiliation to Congregational. In 1971, the Congregational and Methodists in Colrain united to form the Community Church. To the left, a two-story veranda fronts the A.C. Smith & Son Store, which sold a wide variety of household items and was a druggist.