Send an E-Postcard of:
Lamson & Goodnow Manufacturing Company
(c) Pocumtuck Valley Memorial Association, Deerfield MA. All rights reserved.
Contact us for information about using this image.
Lamson and Goodnow Company is located in Shelburne Falls, Massachusetts. Founded in 1834, the success of the business caused the partners to add buildings and to recruit cutlery workers from England and Germany by 1851. During the Civil War, the company was one of the largest U.S. cutlery manufacturers, employing more than 500 workers at times. This photograph was taken in the 1880s and shows Ebenezer G. Lamson, one of the partners, standing in front of the company's building.
top of page