Send an E-Postcard of:
Old Hadley, Mass. Elmwood House and Old Church
(c) Pocumtuck Valley Memorial Association, Deerfield MA. All rights reserved.
Contact us for information about using this image.
Hadley Center is the home to this Congregational Church and the building that was the Elmwood House hotel pictured in this postcard. Hadley, Massachusetts, was incorporated in 1661. Three years later, Hopkins Academy, which still exists as an educational institution, was founded. Two village centers developed, one in North Hadley and the other to the south in Hadley Center. Although other industries were established and flourished, its excellent soil has long made agriculture the economic mainstay of the town's economy. The Congregational Church is still a fixture at this corner of town.
top of page