Send an E-Postcard of:
Quitclaim of land in Deerfield, Massachusetts
(c) Pocumtuck Valley Memorial Association, Deerfield MA. All rights reserved.
Contact us for information about using this image.
Deerfield, Massachusetts, was settled on land granted by the General Court to the Proprietors of Dedham, near Boston, in the late 1660s. The town was laid out and the lots assigned in 1671 by Lt. Joshua Fisher (d.1672) of Dedham. Remarkably none of the Dedham men permanently settled in Deerfield. In 1722 three sons of Ensign Daniel Fisher (d. in Dedham 1683), Amos (b.1654), John (b.1656), and Jeremiah (b.1658), all of Dedham, quitclaimed their land in Deerfield to the heirs of John Stebbins (1626-1679), late of Northampton. The heir, John Stebbins (1647-1724), a carpenter, lived in Deerfield and owned land on Lot 35 and on Lot 12.
top of page